Our Baton Rouge office has an entry level job opportunity with benefits for a Logger/Field Technician. A logger/field technician will document and oversee geotechnical drilling projects, including classification of samples, preparing samples for transport, and keeping a written log of the borings. On occasion, the logger will assist the driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling and Shelby tube sampling techniques. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions and out of town work and working within industrial sites is required regularly. The work is generally physically demanding.
• Assist drillers with locating job site and areas for drilling and determining accessibility (job setup).
• Identify boring locations using plans and GPS.
• Prepare soil samples obtained by the drillers.
• Package and label samples and transport samples to laboratory.
• Keep a written log of all soil borings.
• Load and unload equipment and supplies.
• Communicate with client and company representatives.
• Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens and other types of instrumentation in boreholes
• Clean and maintain equipment
• Help obtain drilling core samples
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Soil classification experience a plus but we will train if necessary
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
• Must have or be able to obtain DOT Medical Examiners Certificate
• Available to work overtime and weekends as required to meet client schedules
• Ability to lift drill pipe and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Must have prior experience working outdoors
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.