The main duties and responsibilities of the position include performing groundwater, surface water, soil and air sampling using a number of methods, data gathering and record keeping, monitoring and directing subcontractors, general operation and maintenance of environmental remediation equipment. Other duties may include asbestos sampling, soil resistivity testing and borehole logging. This position requires self-motivation, dedication and compliance with strict safety guidelines and the ability to work as part of a team with daily direction from project management. Experience is a plus, but not a requirement. This position will involve some travel throughout Central Florida, but long-term out of town assignments are not a routine aspect of this position. Will have opportunity to learn and work with other departments and learn other engineering related services. Experience working with Microsoft Word & Excel a plus. Vehicle provided.
• At least 18 years old
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Secondary education in the field of science is a plus, but not required
• Good computer skills
• 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training would be a plus
• Must be a team player and have good attention to detail
• Must be able to walk up and down slopes and on uneven terrain
• Must be able to work outdoors in the heat
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
• Must be able to perform mathematical calculations
• Must be able to work weekends, overtime, and/or extended hours when required as needed
• Must be able to travel and work at remote sites as needed
• Must have excellent driving record within company standards
• Must be able to pass background screening requirements including criminal history, motor vehicle check, drug testing, etc.
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.
At Ardaman, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Ardaman’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.