Ardaman seeks a staff level environmental engineer/scientist for its Orlando, FL office. Local candidates with existing client contacts are preferred. We seek a 'hands-on' environmental engineer/scientist who is comfortable in both field and office environments. Responsibilities will include Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Asbestos and Mold Surveys, Tank Closure Assessments, Site Contamination Assessments, Source Removals and Remedial System Design and Remedial System O&M. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required along with a strong work ethic, knowledge of environmental rules and regulations, and the ability to provide unsurpassed customer response and satisfaction.
• A Bachelor's Degree in an Environmental Science discipline, preferably engineering or geology or currently enrolled in program with degree expected by May.
• Prior Phase I/II Site Environmental Assessment experience preferred
• Soil and groundwater sampling experience and knowledge of sampling SOPs preferred
• Excellent Technical Writing Skills and Computer Skills
• Knowledge of 62-780, 62-761, 62-762 and 62-785 rules and regulations
• Certified Asbestos Inspector or ability to become certified
• 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training would be a plus
• Must be a team player and have good attention to detail
• Must be able to walk up and down slopes and on uneven terrain
• Must be able to work outdoors in the heat
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
• Must be able to perform mathematical calculations
• Must be able to work weekends and extended hours as needed
• Must be able to travel and work at remote sites as needed
• Must have excellent driving record within company standards
• Must be able to pass background screening requirements including criminal history, motor vehicle check, drug testing, etc.
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.