Our Sarasota office has an opportunity available for a Driller Trainee. Minimum starting pay rate is $14 per hour for candidates with no experience.
A driller trainee will assist the crew chief in solid auger and rotary drilling techniques. The trainee will help move, set up and operate drill rigs and related equipment to drill test borings for geotechnical engineering studies. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on sites to be developed as buildings, roadways and bridges. Work is outdoors. The work can be physically demanding at times. Safety is in our work is an uncompromised value and we are proud of our safety record.
• Lift drill rods and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Label sample containers as directed
• Assist crew chief in cleaning and maintaining drill rig
• Perform duties at multiple job sites
• Assist in measuring test boring locations
• Obtain samples of the soil for analysis
• Help move drill rig and equipment from site to site
• Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and drilling bentonite fluid
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience preferred, but will train
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
• Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or have current certificate prior to employment
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have acceptable driving record within company standards
• Local candidates preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.