Our Baton Rouge office has an opportunity available for a Driller Assistant. A driller assistant will assist the driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling and Shelby tube sampling techniques. The assistant will help move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions and out of town work and working within industrial sites is regularly required. The work is generally physically demanding.
• Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Label sample containers as directed
• Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig
• Gathering field supplies
• Performs duties at multiple job sites
• Performs yard duties at direction of driller
• Load and unload trucks
• Smoothly and quickly connect and disconnect the lower parts of the drill pipe when it is being lowered into and raised from the hole
• Catch samples of drilled cuttings to be analyzed
• Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens and other types of instrumentation into boreholes
• Clean and maintain equipment
• Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site
• Help obtain drilling core samples
• Dig and clean mud pits and drains
• Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in drilled holes
• Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of one year experience preferred
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
• Must have current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or be able to obtain one prior to employment
• Available to work overtime and weekends as required to meet client schedules
• Available for overnight/out-of-town travel
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.