Full-time position working out of Ardaman’s New Orleans, LA office. Perform soil test borings and obtain accurate logs and soil samples for laboratory analysis and engineering evaluations. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding. Prior drilling experience is preferred. However, we are willing to train a candidate with experience operating similar heavy machinery.
- Safety conscience in all aspects of work
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment
- Keep accurate and detailed records
- Prepare field boring logs
- Classify soils in the field
- Measure/layout test boring locations
- Proficient with Shelby Tube and Split Spoon sampling methods
- Proficient with mud rotary and auger drilling methods
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain a CDL license
- Previous drilling experience a plus, but willing to train candidate with experience operating similar heavy machinery
- Mechanical skills a plus
- Welding skills a plus
- Must be able to travel
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more. A sign-on bonus up to $1,000 may be available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace. The hiring department will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.