Drill Crew Manager
Oversee and manage two drill crews to successfully perform soil test borings and complete accurate logs and soil samples for laboratory analysis and engineering evaluations. This position will consist of the responsibility of the safety, daily scheduling, and logistics of the geotechnical drill crews. The work will be split between indoors and outdoors. The work is generally in South Louisiana but on occasion, projects could be located throughout the state as well as in Mississippi. Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
• Daily interaction with the engineers and project managers for project overview and logistics;
• Scheduling of all drilling assignments and ensuring that the drill crews have the required information (i.e., boring location plans, directions, maps, etc.);
• Assistance in performing and confirming all underground utilities (One Call) have been cleared prior to drilling;
• Promoting and ensuring all drill crews are adhering with the Company safety protocols;
• Preparation and ordering drilling equipment, tools, and supplies for the drill crews;
• Inspection of the drill crews to ensure drilling is being completed in accordance with the project requirements, production goals and project schedules/deadlines are being achieved;
• Assist with repairs on the drilling equipment and train drill crews on required regular preventative maintenance as well as conducting random inspections on the drill crew to ensure that this preventative maintenance is being completed;
• Reviewing all soil boring samples and paperwork on a daily basis for quality, completeness and accuracy (i. e. sample condition/recovery, drill logs, daily reports, safety meetings, inspections, etc.); and
• Monitoring project budgets and controlling costs.
• Knowledge in rotary wash drilling in soils ranging from heavy clays to sands and gravels
• Experience in geotechnical sampling procedures
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Geotechnical Driller or oversight of geotechnical field crews
• Management and scheduling geotechnical drill crews is preferred
• Experience and mechanical skills in equipment maintenance and repairs
• Class A or B CDL license is preferred
• Must be willing to work out of town and weekends
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.