Geologist to work in our Orlando, FL office on a wide range of geotechnical engineering and environmental engineering projects. Candidate will support senior geotechnical engineers and senior water resource engineers in geology, soils, surface water, and groundwater field and office services for various projects in central Florida and throughout the U.S. Responsibilities include planning, preparing for, and performing field activities such as collecting soil and groundwater samples, overseeing drilling and well construction, performing geophysical surveys, records retrievals, surface water discharge measurements, storm event water quality sampling, groundwater quality monitoring, and data review and ultimately data analysis. Candidate must have the ability to be thorough in note taking and preparation of data reports. This position will provide a dynamic, team-oriented work environment and an exceptional opportunity for career growth.
• The successful candidate will be technically superior and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree specializing in Geology.
• Experience using soil boring and well installation log presentation software such as GINT.
• Knowledge of Florida geology and hydrology and skilled in soil and rock classification, identification of aquifers/aquicludes.
• Experience with surface water and ground water sampling equipment and standard procedures; knowledge of Florida Department of Environmental Protection and Water Management District rules and procedures preferred.
• Experience in supervising drillers, installing groundwater monitoring wells, including permitting, documentation for new wells and abandonment of existing wells.
• Experience working on landfill, waste disposal, or environmental projects preferred.
To be considered for this position, please complete the job specific questionnaire when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.