Our Bartow office has an opportunity available for a Driller Trainee. Competitive Starting Pay rate for candidates with no experience. Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off for vacation, illness and holidays, and 401K plan.
A driller trainee will assist the crew chief in solid auger and rotary drilling techniques. The trainee will help move, set up and operate drill rigs and related equipment to drill test holes for geotechnical engineering studies. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on sites to be developed as building, roadways and bridges. Work is outdoors. The work is generally physically demanding. However, safety is in our work is an uncompromised value and we are proud of our safety record.
• Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Label sample containers as directed
• Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig
• Performs duties at multiple job sites
• Assist in measuring test boring locations
• Load and unload trucks
• Smoothly and quickly connect and disconnect the lower parts of the drill pipe when it is being lowered into and raised from the test hole
• Obtain samples of the soil for analysis
• Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens
• Clean and maintain equipment
• Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up on the new site
• Assist with well development and pumping tests
• Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in drilled holes
• Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning
• Perform other duties as assigned by the crew chief
• Experience preferred, but will train
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
• Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or have current certificate prior to employment
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have acceptable driving record within company standards
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.