Our New Orleans office has an opportunity available for a Driller’s Assistant. A driller assistant will assist the crew chief in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques. The assistant will help move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is outdoors. The work is generally physically demanding. However, safety is Ardaman’s company value and we are proud of our safety record.
• Assist in drilling operations.
• Expedite field supplies.
• Perform duties at multiple job sites.
• Perform yard duties at direction of supervisor.
• Assist in measuring test boring locations
• Load and unload trucks.
• Smoothly and quickly connect and disconnect the lower parts of the drill pipe when it is being lowered into and raised from the hole.
• Catch samples of drilled cuttings to be analyzed.
• Clean and maintain equipment.
• Help move drilling rig and equipment from site to site and set up.
• Dig and clean mud pits and drains.
• Assist with well development and pumping tests.
• Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in drilled holes caused by mechanical breakdowns or by harmful natural conditions.
• Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience preferred, but will train
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Must have current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or be able to obtain one prior to employment
• Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
• Available to work overtime and weekends as required to meet client schedules
• Ability to lift drill pipe and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
• Local candidates preferred; no relocation.
To be considered for this position, please complete the job specific questionnaire when applying.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech, who is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Ardaman is a Drug Free Workplace.