Ardaman & Associates is always looking for qualified personnel to join our team in Orlando or one of our branch offices located throughout Florida or Louisiana. Ardaman offers competitive salaries, a strong benefit package and excellent working conditions. Ardaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background checks and drug screens are required for all positions.
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Our Fort Myers office has an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work on a wide range of geotechnical engineering activities including planning and supervising field explorations, laboratory testing, conducting geotechnical analyses, developing recommendations, writing reports and performing field monitoring. The successful candidate will be technically superior and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a Florida P.E. license. A Master’s degree specializing in Geotechnical Engineering is a plus. Additional experience in Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and Construction Materials testing projects will add to the candidate’s qualifications for this position. The position will provide a dynamic, team-oriented work environment and an exceptional opportunity for career growth.
- Civil CADD Designer / Drafter -
Immediate full-time position available for a civil CADD Designer / Drafter with minimum 3 years direct experience preparing construction drawings using AutoCAD CIVIL3D program for civil/earthwork projects. Successful candidate will work in Orlando, Florida on preparing construction drawings for projects located in US and abroad. Qualifications: Candidate must be proficient at preparing civil construction drawings in AutoCAD CIVIL3D 2013 or later, and have experience with: Creating Tin surfaces, Road Profiles and Cross Sections, calculating cut/fill volumes, using and manipulating aerial and topographic map files, preparing site plans for industrial waste disposal area/landfill grading and earthwork. Candidate must be able to work with a team of civil designers and engineers.
- Technical Secretary - Full-time position working in Ardaman’s Orlando office. Responsibilities include typing reports and proposals, copying, collating and binding reports, data entry, filing, incoming/outgoing mail, and other administrative tasks. Previous experience working in an engineering, architectural, or construction office is preferred. Qualifications: Minimum of three (3) years secretarial experience; Type 50+ wpm proficiently and accurately; Type technical reports and proposals using specific terminology, ensuring correct punctuation, grammar and format; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Willing to learn and use daily, customized reporting software; Must be very organized; Ability to multi-task; Friendly phone voice; Have personal transportation.
Port St. Lucie
- Staff Geotechnical Engineer - Our Tampa, Florida office has an opportunity for a staff geotechnical engineer to work on a wide range of geotechnical engineering activities including planning and supervising field studies, conducting geotechnical analyses, developing recommendations, writing reports and performing construction monitoring. Qualifications: The successful candidate will be technically superior and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 4 years’ experience is required; however, a Master’s degree specializing in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred. Entry level MS degrees specializing in Geotechnical Engineering will be considered. Special experience in Cone Penetrometer, Ground Penetrating Radar and/or Instrumentation will be given additional consideration. This position will provide a dynamic, team-oriented work environment and exceptional opportunity for career growth.
West Palm Beach
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Geotechnical Engineer - Full-time position working in our Baton Rouge, LA office on a wide range of geotechnical engineering activities under the direction of senior geotechnical engineers. Develop proposals and coordinate execution of geotechnical field exploration and laboratory testing programs. Summarize, evaluate, and present field and laboratory data using computer database worksheet and graphics programs including AutoCAD, gINT and Microsoft Excel. Perform geotechnical analyses using computer software including SLOPE/W for slope stability analyses, DRIVEN for estimating pile capacities, LPile for lateral pile analyses and others as appropriate. Also perform various engineering calculations and analyses such as settlement estimates, LRFD calculations for deep foundations, and general site characterization analyses. Knowledge of local and regional geology is essential. Field experience in drilling and sampling, CPT testing, construction quality assurance inspection and testing, and static and dynamic (PDA) pile load testing are also preferred. This position will provide a dynamic, team-oriented work environment and an exceptional opportunity for career growth. REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will be technically superior and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program required; Master’s degree specializing in Geotechnical Engineering preferred. At least three years of non-academic experience, after graduation, working on geotechnical engineering projects under the supervision of a professional engineer. Engineer Intern certification required; Louisiana PE license preferred. Experience working on transportation, coastal restoration, industrial facility and waste disposal projects preferred. Must be familiar with local and regional geologic conditions. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, be flexible and adaptive to a dynamic team structure. Local candidates preferred.
New Orleans, Louisiana
- CMT Technician -
Full time position for a CMT Technician to work in a Construction Material Testing department and assist in the Drilling and Laboratory departments located in New Orleans, LA. Qualifications: Two to four years’ experience with inspection and field testing of earthwork and concrete construction and CMT laboratory soil, aggregate and concrete testing is required. Experience in monitoring pile driving operations and performing pile load tests is a plus. NICET Certification, ACI Certification and Radiation Safety - Nuclear Density Gauge training a plus. Other requirements include: Able to lift, carry, push, and pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs; a safe driving record; willing to work weekends and overtime as required; willing to work on out of town assignments as required; authorization to work in the United States; and a High School Diploma or equivalent. Also, must have a good attitude, attention to detail, and able to get along well with others. Local candidates only; no relocation.
- Driller Assistant -
A driller assistant will assist the driller in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques. The assistant will help move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding. However, safety is Ardaman’s company value and we are proud of our safety record. Responsibilities: Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs; Label sample containers as directed; Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig; Expediting field supplies; Performs duties at multiple job sites; Performs yard duties at direction of driller; Assist in measuring test boring locations; Load and unload trucks; Smoothly and quickly connect and disconnect the lower parts of the drill pipe when it is being lowered into and raised from the hole; Catch samples of drilled cuttings to be analyzed; Assist in installing monitoring well casing and screens; Clean and maintain equipment; Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site; Help obtain drilling core samples; Dig and clean mud pits and drains; Assist with well development and pumping tests; Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in drilled holes; Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning; Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Minimum of one year experience preferred, but will train; Mechanical skills preferred; Class A or Class B CDL license a plus; Must have current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or be able to obtain one prior to employment; Must be bilingual - Spanish and English; Must pass company background checks including drug screen; Must have an excellent driving record within company standards; Ability to perform physical work outdoors in the heat; Local candidates preferred; no relocation.
- Driller -
Perform soil test borings and obtain accurate logs and soil samples for laboratory analysis and engineering evaluations. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is generally physically demanding. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Safety conscience in all aspects of work; Perform routine maintenance of equipment; Keep accurate and detailed records; Prepare field boring logs; Classify soils in the field; Measure/layout test boring locations; Proficient with Shelby Tube and Split Spoon sampling methods; Proficient with mud rotary and auger drilling methods; Perform other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CDL Class B license, Class A preferred; A minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) geotechnical drilling experience is required; Mechanical skills preferred; Welding skills preferred; Must be able to travel; Must pass company background checks including drug screen; Must have an excellent driving record within company standards.
- Staff Geotechnical Engineer - Our Shreveport, Louisiana office has an opportunity for entry level engineer to work on a wide range of geotechnical engineering activities including planning and supervising laboratory testing, conducting geotechnical analyses, developing recommendations, writing reports and performing field monitoring. Qualifications: The successful candidate will be technically superior and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with relevant coursework is required; however, a Master’s degree specializing in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred. New grads are welcomed to apply. Candidates from Louisiana area or nearby state are preferred. This position will provide a dynamic, team-oriented work environment and an exceptional opportunity for career growth.
West Monroe, Louisiana